With the rise of people working from home and a staggering 60 million people expected to shop online in 2023, you might be thinking about making the switch to gigabit broadband. But is it worth it?
Here are seven reasons why you should consider it:
- Full fibre broadband offers internet speeds of up to 1 gigabit per second (Gbps), which is up to 10 x faster than the national average broadband service. Particularly useful if you need to transfer large files on a regular basis.
- With full fibre, your upload speed is as fast as your download speed. Making uploading videos, pictures and big files with ease.
- Gigabit broadband offers improved streaming quality, ideal for those who enjoy streaming movies, TV shows, or live events. Enjoy the entertainment you want without any buffering or lag, even during peak usage hours.
- Gamers will appreciate the low latency and high bandwidth provided by gigabit broadband. With faster reaction times and reduced lag, gamers can enjoy smoother gameplay and a competitive edge.
- Gigabit broadband is future-proofed. As technology continues to advance, the demand for high-speed internet increases. By switching now, you can ensure that your internet connection is ready to support future technologies and applications.
- Fibre cables are much more reliable than the old copper technology, giving confidence that there wont be a fluctuation in service at the most important times.
- As full fibre is a fairly new technology in the UK and there are many smaller Internet Service Providers breaking into the market, you can sometimes get a good deal making it as cheap as a superfast service.
To find out what broadband technology is available to you enter your postcode into the Think Broadband checker.