The latest phase of Digital Durham aims to facilitate activities that underpin Durham County Council’s digital ambitions to help the people of County Durham get the most out of digital technologies.
- Supporting the rollout of gigabit-capable broadband infrastructure both as part of network providers own commercial plans and the government’s Project Gigabit which is focussed on the hardest-to-reach properties.
- Engaging with infrastructure providers to encourage commercial investment to increase access to fast, resilient networks in County Durham.
- Providing information on the available broadband options to those still affected by poor speeds.
- Signposting to projects, initiatives and funding that can help tackle digital exclusion.
- Supporting residents, businesses and communities to get the most out of being online.